Robynartdesigns

Hello and welcome to my blog.
Do hope you'll stop by from time to time
and follow my adventures in all things creative!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Shabby Fabric Cone

Hi everyone, well it has been a long while between posts. Have had our daughter and her boyfriend visiting for six weeks, was just like a breath of fresh air for us, being empty nesters now. Sadly, they have now returned to the U.K. to continue on their work/travel adventures. Oooh to be young again!!!



I've been working on another of Nancy's projects from her Parisien Dreams online class. I love her classes as the projects are always sooo beautiful and the instructions and friendly online help make it all such fun. I hope you like these pics, this is a fabric cone, with vintage lace, buttons, seam binding ribbon, lace an old image from Paper Whimsy (they have such beautiful images). Katharine (our daughter) gave us a beautiful thankyou card, before she left and it had this quote on it from Oscar Wilde, which I really loved, so I decided to add it to the front of the cone just to make it extra special. Hope you like it too.
You can view Nancy's beautiful work on her blog http://sugarlumpstudios.blogspot.com/

Have a wonderful evening everyone, be back soon, Robyn xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn,

    I love your sweet creation, the lace, fabrics and buttons are so pretty. The quote from Oscar Wilde is wonderful and he had lots of great quotes.
    It must have been lovely to have your daughter and boyfriend come out to stay.
    Sending hugs and hope you have a lovely weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! You are so creative, Mum! It was lovely staying and being a breath of fresh air. Ha ha! Miss you and Dad lots!
    Love from London xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment. I do enjoy reading them. I'm sorry if I don't get to answer them all
Robyn xx